Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

L O V E P A S T A

Queens birthday weekend sure was eventful.  Aside from the dancing...we created LOVE pasta!

Saturday was to be my BFF's engagement party lunch and being the foodie of our friends I put my hand up for some of the prep.  On Friday I slow cooked beef for a ragu, in port, organic tomatoes and beef stock.  Then at night my friends and I kneaded, rolled, cut, dried and made the pasta into pretty little baskets to dry.  We turned 5kg of flour and forty five eggs into parpadelle.  Only took five hours!  The next day we served the feast to 45 hungry guests.  It's a beautiful thing when woman band together and put on such a delicious feast, there was even a dessert table!  I am a little obsessed with dessert tables at the moment.

The menu du jour;
Beef ragu parpadelle
Tomato + chorizo mussels parpadelle
(homegrown) pumpkin, ricotta and pinenut parpadelle with salsa verde

We used Jamie Olivers recipe, simple + easy, you can find that here











No comments:

Post a Comment